Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tye Dyed Hearts are Done!

As promised, here are pictures of today's Thrifty Thursday project! 


The boys coloring the coffee filters with regular Crayola markers.


This is what they looked like after coloring them.

I spritzed the filters (while laying on wax paper) with water from a spray bottle, and then after the colors ran together for the tye-dye effect, I laid them out on paper towels to dry.


After a couple of hours I cut them into heart shapes and hung them all over the house.  Here is our front window.

The front of my china cabinet.

Kitchen cabinet door.

Kitchen window.

Over the kitchen sink.

Aren't they lovely?  And I had all of the materials on hand for some frugal fun!  :)

Follow Me!

 

Bringing Frugal Back | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates