Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Elena!

Today my baby girl turns one year old.  Where did the year go?  I swear it has been the fastest year of my life!  I love all of my kids dearly, but I've clung to Elena's first year for dear life.  She is my first girl, and my last baby.  All year long I've been thinking about the "lasts" that we'll be experiencing.  When will be the last time that I rock her to sleep?  The last time I nurse her?  The last time she snuggles up on my chest and sucks her little thumb?  Watching a baby grow up is both heartwarming and heartbreaking.  Happy Birthday Elena, and I hope this first year has been as joyous and lovely for you as it has been for me!  I love you!


To celebrate my princess's birthday we're having a small dinner at the house this evening, and then a party with my side of the family at my mom's this coming weekend.  This evening we'll be having spaghetti with homemade sauce, garlic bread, salad, and grape salad.  And of course, birthday cake! 

Luckily we stocked up on grapes that were on sale at Meijer this week for 99 cents per pound, so I was able to make the grape salad featured by Courtney on the Women Living Well Blog last week.  It looks delicous!  Can't wait to try it!

I made the cake myself and frosted it with homemade Bakery Shop Icing.  Yum!

Everyone have a Terrific Tuesday and we'll be back at it tomorrow with more frugal ideas and coupons! 

Follow Me!

 

Bringing Frugal Back | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates