Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dollar General Deal Alert!

The kiddos and I just returned from a trip to Dollar General where we scored some sweet deals on the 25 cent Christmas clearance.  I'm not real big on buying seasonal items on Clearance because I don't like to deal with storing it until the appropriate season comes up, but I did pick up a few things. 

I found some Disney Christmas Cards (6 pack) for 25 cents each.  They will be super cute for next year.  The ones I picked up were mainly Toy Story 3, but they also had Disney Princesses, Tinkerbell, and Winnie the Pooh. 

I also picked up some silver and gold beaded garlands for a quarter that I thought might come in handy throughout the year for one of our impromptu family parties that we throw on smaller holidays and other special days when we feel like having some frugal fun at home!

Also, I'm happy to report that my receipt had a coupon for 50 cents off any one participating Fresh Start Every Day product.  I did not notice while I was in the store which items are marked as Fresh Start Every Day, but now I'll be headed back to check it out!  Dollar General has a Fresh Start Sweeps that features the logos for Ragu, Lysol, Huggies, Suave, Kleenex, Scott, Snuggle and Sun, and the coupon states "Registered Trademark of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide", so I'm thinking the Fresh Start Items are most likely paper products, household products, and personal care type items.  This coupon should work as a store coupon since it does not say Manufacturer Coupon.  You should be able to stack this reciept coupon with a manufacturer coupon to score a great deal on one of these participating items. 

Good Luck and let us know if you find a great deal at Dollar General!

Follow Me!

 

Bringing Frugal Back | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates